Athletes benefit from the BodyTalk System in how they train and perform, recover from injury, and assimilate nutrients. Whether you are a casual athlete or a high-performing athlete, BodyTalk works quickly for those who tend to know their bodies well and be in good shape.
BodyTalk works at the mental, emotional and physical levels.
Mentally and emotionally, BodyTalk can help with performance anxiety. Typically, athletic preparation practices are strong, but the event itself can be filled with pressure that makes you crumble. BodyTalk can work at the powerful level of belief systems that have you thinking,“I’m too old for this” or “It’s not OK to be the winner.”
Physically, BodyTalk can help the body’s ability to:
- Hydrate: Absorb and assimilate water that you drink to be sure it maintains your biochemical processes that feed energy and recovery.
- Balance Musculoskeletal: Move the body to a place of tension vs. compression at all joints and intervertebral discs of the spine. The body has a natural shock-absorbing ability that keeps joints agile and movements fluid. Buckminster Fuller termed the phrase tensegrity to mean that structures can be supportive without excess pressure, much like the self-supporting structure of the geodesic dome.
- Synchronize Body Chemistry: Support both how you assimilate nutrients that you eat as well as synchronizing enzymes and hormones for peak performance.
- Be in the Zone: When you can let go and be in a place of serenity and flow, your mind and body are all working seamlessly in synchronicity.
- Recover from Injury: BodyTalk helps the body become aware of an injured area so it can heal. Some injuries cause the body to compartmentalize an area, leading to slow or non-existent healing. Even old injuries that you have come to accept can be addressed.
Whether you are a weekend warrior, casually active or a full time/committed athlete – BodyTalk can help at all levels. If you work out and are having issues with any of this or would simply like to take your performance and results to the next level, schedule a session to optimize your athletic performance.
Content adapted from International BodyTalk Association: www.bodytalksystem.com